Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Subtract

I had a lot of fun with this creation. This is more of a play on the meaning 'to remove,' where I removed Jesus from the big picture. Without Him, you don't have the holiday, and He is the reason. After I completed this one I felt it needed a little something more, so I blurred out the surrounding figures of Mary, Joesph and the Angels to highlight the empty manger. Even though it's not Christmas, it's still a potent illustration with Easter coming up and all the mayhem that tends to surround the holiday with Spring Breaks, family gatherings and Easter Egg Hunts. Hope you enjoy!

P.S. Please click on the picture to get the full effect!

2 comments:

Rob Smith jr said...

YEah! It sure is frustrating seeing so many manger scenes in front of homes before Christmas with the baby Jesus in there. Folks should be SUBTRACTING the baby Jesus until the 25th. Great idea!

Patty said...

Maybe it would be cool to do a different segment from the story each day before Christmas instead of the same decoration day after day. People would anticipate the change and not be so jaded to the birth. Cool idea. At first I was wondering what you were trying to say then I read what you wrote. Good job.