Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spring Breezes!

This is my first time posting on Illustration Friday, and my first time really playing with Photoshop. I've figured out how to use layers and cut out images so I can import different things that I've collected and turn it into something. I look at some of the other wonderful images I've seen people posting and I'm humbled by my little project, but I also know that practice makes perfect. Hopefully, I'll be able to connect with some people who know more than I do and I'll be able to learn and grow through this experience!

The topic is Breezy and I thought that was a perfect time to celebrate the warm spring breezes and all the vacations that start up during the spring. I do have to admit, though, that it seems completely bazaar to go on vacation now when the weather finally clears up and the promise of fair weather is in the air. I would much rather pack my bags and head out when the snow is six inches deep, the wind is howling and an ice storm is coming.

Thanks for looking, and keep checking back. Now that the weather is better, I plan on getting out with my camera and getting some new shots!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, I am impressed with your first try! I just love the vintage look, it's so nostalgic. Love your site!

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done and welcome to IF!

Beth said...

I think your illustration is wonderful !! thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog too about my painting , I really need to try an illustration friday soon - it looks like lots of fun!!
xo,
beth